Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Review: Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid



Most days I can’t tell you where my ereader is. I usually only attempt to locate it when I’m heading to a doctor’s appointment or if I’m going on a trip. Since I don’t use it that often, I rarely purchase ebooks. I like to use my library’s downloadable collection or BookLending.com. I have found that when I purchase an ebook from Amazon, it gets lost in the shuffle and has a good chance of never getting read.

I recently took a trip and found myself browsing through my ebooks. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, but I ran across Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City #1) by Penny Reid. I purchased this book from Amazon in July 2014. For the life of me I can’t remember how I came across the title but I do remember researching the book before I decided to purchase it. I found tons of reviews commenting on how funny this romance was. I decided to take a chance and purchase it. Then promptly forgot about it.

Here is a little about Neanderthal Seeks Human:

There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.

I instantly found myself loving Janie. Reid should have considered making her a Librarian, because she is one of us! She was witty and I loved that she randomly sprouted off trivial information. See? Perfect Librarian. Also, the character of Quinn aka Sir McHotpants was utterly dreamy. I was completely enthralled with this book all afternoon and I instantly wanted to purchase the rest of the series. I constantly laughed out loud and continued to think about the characters after I had finished the story.


If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend Neanderthal Seeks Human. You won’t be disappointed…I know I wasn’t!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design