Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trending Book Titles

Hands down one of my favorite parts of being a librarian is collection development. Collection Development is something that I take very seriously and I try to find titles that I know my patrons will love. I can’t help but feel proud when one of the titles I ordered is constantly being checked out. I feel like I have done my job and I am the best librarian in the world (I have a tendency to let this euphoric feeling go to my head…or ego.) Since I am bursting with pride, I thought I would try to spotlight some of the titles that have been big hits. Remember, I am the Reference Librarian so these titles will be nonfiction.



Cookbooks are beyond popular at my branch. Being in a small Southern town, cooking is an art form here. A recent big trend is paleo cooking. In my first few months here (I started in November 2012) there was a steady demand for anything related to paleo. We had absolutely nothing on it, so I order a 5 or 6 titles. Over the last year, these titles have stayed constantly checked out. Paleo Slow Cooker by Arsy Vartanian  has been the title with the most circulations. In the past 12 months it has checked out 20 times. I didn’t even see it for at least 6 months because it had a good size hold list. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design