Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book Group Voting Continues.... part 8.75 maybe?

Last week I created two posts with the possible choices that my book group will be voting on. Those two lists have pretty much been massacred since then. For one, I had one of the members send me 8 titles. From that I weeded out 3 (2 were over the designated page limit and the last one was the 2nd in a series).

I ended up removing Gone Girl because it did go over the page limit we set, sadly. I thought maybe I could sneak this in but since I was weeding other books because of this rule, I decided to be tough.

Agnes and the Hitman was removed because it was one of my suggestions and as much as I loved it, I wasn't too sure my book group would love it. I like it might have been too light hearted for them and when more members started adding titles I had to make room.

The Fault in Our Stars also was removed....I know I know....I hated to do it, but again it was one of my suggestions and I needed to make room. Plus I really thing they will like the Sherman Alexie book better.

Clara and Mr. Tiffany was taken off because it went over the page limit. A book club member suggested this title and I put it on there without checking.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie was again one of my suggestions and it was removed to make room. It isn't like this book is going anywhere. I can always add it next year. 


Here is the new list (and hopefully the last....hopefully)



Fiction:
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Stranger by Albert Camus
A Parchment of Leaves by Silas House
A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson 


Defending Jacob by William Landay  
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
Home by Toni Morrison
The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips (Local Author)
Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple 
All the Names by José Saramago
The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson
Chang and Eng by Darin Strauss 
Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Nonfiction:
Muddy Boots and Red Socks by Malcolm W. Browne 
 
84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

The Airmen and the Headhunters by Judith Heimann

Quest for Justice: Defending the Damned by Richard S. Jaffe (Birmingham Author)

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared by Alice Ozma

It Worked For Me by Colin Powell

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach

Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell
 


 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design