Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Reading Chaos

I am notoriously bad at reading many books at one time. Currently I am reading/listening to 6 titles. A lot of people don’t understand this, but there is a method to this madness.

I usually read several different genres as once to cover any mood I might be in: Romance, YA, Mystery, Nonfiction, etc. I also have certain areas that I read in my house so I usually keep one of the books I am reading in each area.

Here is what I am currently reading and where:

Car: I am listening to David Sedaris’ Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls. I am very picky with my audio. I only like nonfiction audio, read by the author, and preferably humor. See, picky?

Computer/Tablet: I very rarely read on my tablet unless I am traveling. Usually then it is some sort of romance that I have gotten from Amazon or BookLending.com. I read on my computer materials that I have downloaded from me library. There are usually adult fiction or romance. Right now I am reading Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (2nd in the Mercy Thompson series)

Living Room: I usually read nonfiction in my living room. I am very rarely in the living room, because we hang out mostly in the man cave. Currently I am working through A Short History of England: The Glorious Story of a Rowdy Nation by Simon Jenkins

Bedroom: Normally, I start a romance novel that I can finish in one sitting. Right now I have Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts that needs to be finished. I like it, but I put it down and that is where I went wrong. I am also slowly working my way through Release, an erotica novel by Beth Kery.

Purse: As a rule, I don’t usually keep a book in my purse. My tablet is always there and whenever I get stuck at the doctor’s office or an airport I’ll just use the tablet. Right now I have a paperback romance that I am almost finished with. I started The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst one night before I went to sleep. I finished 3/4s of the novel that night, but I fell asleep before finishing it. It is a lighthearted read that I am really enjoying. I threw it in my purse on my way to babysit and that is still where it is. I’m hoping to dig it out of my purse and finish it tonight.

Several of my friends and even BF have commented on the chaos of this, but I love it. I feel productive that I am knocking out a lot of my TBR shelf. Where do you usually read and how many do you read at one time?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design