Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dr. Seuss' Birthday - Reading Material

March 2nd will be the 107th Birthday of Dr. Seuss. To celebrate and honor Dr. Seuss my SLIS school will be reading to a local elementary school in Tuscaloosa. I wasn't able to participate last year, but I have decided that since I have the day off I'm going to make the drive to T-Town.

I've picked a couple of my personal favorites to take a long:

Mary Has A Little Lamp by Jack Lechner
Katie Loves the Kittens by John Himmelman
Princess Hyacinth: The SurprisingTale of a Girl who Floated by Florence Parry Heide
It's A Book by Lane Smith
A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip C. Stead
The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (Since it would be nice to have at least one Dr. Seuss book)

Honorable Mentions (They didn't make the list mainly because they are currently checked out....)
The Stonecutter by Demi
Princess Justina Albertina by Ellen Dee Davidson
Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
Animals should definitely NOT wear clothing by Judi Barrett
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett (Its a classic, but I'm sure they have already heard this one and I want to expose them to other titles.)


What would you recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design