Monday, February 14, 2011

How I became a librarian....

People have been asking me this a lot lately and this is exactly how the conversation went down....

But first, let me give you a little background information. I earned my Bachelor's in Art History from UAB in the Spring of 2009. I love my Bachelor's Degree, but it is sitting on my bookcase collecting dust (soon it will be in an awesome frame that my sister brought me...still collecting dust.) I had always wanted to be a museum curator, but I realized that not only would I have to get my Master's (which I was definitely cool with), but that I would also have to get a PH.D. All this seemed a little daunting to a girl who was about to graduate....now back to the life changing conversation. 

Picture It. My Mother's House...Fall 2008.

Mom: What are you going to do after you graduate?
Me: I don't know.
Mom: I think you should go to library school.
Me: Ok

Ladies and Gentlemen, that is how I became a librarian. I never dreamed of it, but I worked in my school's media center during elementary and junior high, so to my mother this was the perfect solution. It was the perfect solution to me too, because after some quick research I found out that I wouldn't have to write a thesis. I was definitely headed to library school!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design