Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

I do not know where you live, but if you are anywhere near the South you know that we have been having some crazy weather. Seriously? Snow. We don’t handle that well at all. Part of my southern nature is to cook when there is a crisis, which means my DVR is loaded down with a plethora of cooking shows.  All this snow has been making me yearn for casseroles and hearty meals that could feed us for days if we ever got snowed in. Seems a little paranoid, but I believe in being prepared for the worst. And to a Southerner, there is nothing worse than snow.
Someone in the family loves the snow though!


One cooking show has really gobbled up my time and that is Ree Drummond’s The Pioneer Woman. I find her recipes simple and down-home. I love that the ingredients are usually on hand and aren’t all that fancy. The more I watch her show, the more I have become interested in her life (not stalker like though). They live on a sprawling ranch far away from civilization. She is constantly explaining all their chores and the hardwork that her, her husband Ladd, and their 4 kids do on a daily basis. Makes me happy I live where I live.

A good friend recommend her biography, The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Her selling point? “It reads like a romance!” Instead of focusing on how she became a successful blogger, tv host, and cookbook author, Drummond tells the story of how she met and fell madly and deeply in love with her husband Ladd, who she pens as Marlboro Man.

Though she might come off a little prepared on her TV show, Drummond does a wonderful job expressing humor, heartbreak, and most important love in her book. From the first few pages I knew I was in for a real treat. I was surprised to find out that it really did read like a romance novel. There was laughter, sorrow, and a fire. Overall, this book was about finding a love so deep that it will make your world turn completely upside down. This book had me laughing out loud (many many times) and it just made my heart happy. After reading about the intensity of the love she and her Marlboro Man shared, it only made me appreciate the love I have.


Sappy moment over. If you are a fan of cooking (the recipes from her love story are included) and romance, then check out The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design