Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ball by Mary Sullivan

Every once in a while I will run across a picture book that just makes my heart happy. As the Reference Librarian, I don’t typically deal with picture books. My first library job was in a children’s department and from then on my love of picture books was born.


I recently got my hands on Ball by Mary Sullivan, who also illustrated this one word picture book. Besides picture books, my other great love is dogs. Put these two together and you have one happy Reference Librarian.


Ball is a delightful story of a dog and his best friend (a little girl) who share a common love of throwing a ball. But what happens to this ball throwing obsessed dog when the little girl goes to school? Sullivan creates a day in the life of a happy dog who only wants for someone to throw his toy. Though this book isn’t the best for story time, it will be a delight to a child (or an adult) who love dogs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design