Monday, September 1, 2014

Project Read All the Books: August Recap


Goodbye August, Hello September!

Typically, August is a month filled with down time in a library. We need it to recoup after Summer Reading. Not this year. I filled my month with lots of booking Fall programs, weeding, collection development (thank you State Aid!), and lots of general housekeeping tasks. I was definitely glad August is gone. I felt that I didn’t get as much reading done as I should have. I went out of town 2 weekends in August and read very little during the week.

That being said, according to Goodreads I read 23 books for August. 2 were picture books, 1 graphic novel, and 2 quick middle grade novels.

Obviously I knew August was going to be hectic (or I was tired of not hitting my TBR goal) because I only set my August goal at 5 books. Remember, these are books that come I actually own but haven’t read.
I barely made August’s goal…seriously, I read the 5th book at 8:00pm on August 31st.

What I read…

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews
The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott
Prince Charming by Julie Garwood
Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost
The Devil She Knows by Kira Sinclair

Time for a recount! It has been a few months since I have done a count of all the books. I’m bad about doing random clean outs and buying books from my Friends bookstore.

Count as of today: 100 books.
Goal for September 5 books.


Also, check out Fun-Sized Reads blog. She just started her own Project Read All the Books. Good Luck to her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design