Monday, January 24, 2011

Book Order (Round 2)

So I intended to keep this blog updated regularly, but I work 2 jobs, plus my internship, so saying I am a little busy is an understatement.

With my apolgoy out of the way, onward I go.

There has been so much I want to blog about, from cataloging to just general pocedures. But I think the most important thing on my plate right now is the book order. I need to have this finished and submitted by mid-feb. My budget is between $500 to $750. I originally made a list, just off the top of my head, but I did not realize what a task this is!

I walked with Ms. M about developing the graphic novel collection and she totally agreed with me. I know a lot of people don't understand the usefullness of graphic novels, but I am a firm believer that they help kids get more into reading. I love graphic novels and I'm trying to broaden my knowledge of them. That said, I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about Manga. Nada. Zip. Zero. Luckily, one of the library aides, L, was beyond helpful today. Anyways, Ms. M and I discussed possible areas for a graphic novel / manga section, along with spine label ideas (or even whether or not to have a graphic novel label). I have readjusted my book order to included some awesome manga and graphic novel possibities.

Problem? These series have LOTS of volumes. Whats a good number of volumes to get a kid hooked? I mean there is one series that is in the 400s! seriously? I decided that maybe 3 to 5 volumes is a good number (except for Gaiman's Sandman series. Must have all.)

Also, I was browsing in 2nd & Charles (ie heaven) today and found most of these manga series for half off the price that Amazon and B&N has listed. I am thinking of mentioning this to Ms. M to see what she thinks about buying the mangas here.

Ok, so I know that you are patiently waiting for my book order, but this is just the 2nd round. I am going to start on budgeting soon so there might be some cuts. Also, please note that if you see I have volumes 1-4 then 6-7, don't think I forgot about the 5th volume. It just means we already own in and I'm filling in the gaps.

Also, not sure if I have mentioned this, but my internship rocks. just thought I would brag a little. :)

Ok, book order!


Graphic Novels / Manga

· 07 Ghosts by Yuki Amemiya

· Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1 and 2 by Hiromu Arakawa

· The Sandman Vols. 2 – 8 by Neil Gaiman

· Beowulf by Gareth Hinds

· The Odyssey by Gareth Hinds

· D. Gray Man Vols. 1 -3 by Katsura Hoshino

· Naruto Vol. 1 – 3 by Masashi Kishimoto

· Wonderland by Tommy Kovac

· V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

· The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 by Alan Moore

· The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier by Alan Moore

· Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom by Tsugumi Ohba

· Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life Vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O’Malley

· Fruit Baskets Vol. 2 by Natsuki Takaya

· Fruit Baskets vol. 2 by Natsuki Takaya

· Black Butler Vol. 1 by Yana Toboso

· Black Butler Vol. 2 by Yana Toboso

· Black Butler Vol. 3 by Yana Toboso

· Blankets by Craig Thompson

· Pride of Baghdad by Brian Vaughan

· Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham

· GodChild Vol. 1 – 4 by Kaori Yuki

Fiction and Non-Fiction

· Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

· World War Z by Max Brooks

· Factotum by Charles Bukowski

· The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

· The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

· Stolen: A Letter To My Captor by Lucy Christopher

· The Maze Runner by James Dashner

· Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

· The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

· Do Androids Dream of Sheep? By Philip K. Dick

· Shattering Glass by Gail Giles

· The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein

· The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

· I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

· Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

· The Gift by James Patterson

· Luna by Julie Anne Peters

· How to take the Ex out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison

· Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1) by Louise Rennison

· Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas (Georgia Nicolson #3) by Louise Rennison

· Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Georgia Nicolson #4) by Louise Rennison

· Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Georgia Nicolson #5) by Louise Rennison

· “…And Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers” (Georgia Nicolson #6) by Louise Rennison

· Startled By His Furry Shorts (Georgia Nicolson #7) by Louise Rennison

· Stop in the Name of Pants! (Georgia Nicolson #9) by Louise Rennison

· Are These My Baoomas I See Before Me? (Georgia Nicolson #10) by Louise Rennison

· Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman

· Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman

· Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design