Thursday, March 24, 2011

Librarian Interview (with possible questions)


So I had my first interview today for a full time position. I think it went very well. I took along a small portfolio that included my resume, along with several examples of the signage that I do at my current job. This idea was suggested to me by two of my friends (one is a coworker at my current job) and it was definitely a success! They were extremely impressed with my creations!

Here are some of the interview questions if anyone is interested:

  • What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? Why or Why not?
  • How do you stay organized?
  • Tell us something about yourself.
  • Have you ever had a disagreement with a supervisor?
  • Have you ever had a problem with a patron? A coworker? How did you handle both.                                  
  • I was given a hypothetical question where several things were happening at once and I had to juggle them all professionally.
  • What is your most proudest accomplishment? Whether is is professionally or personally?
  • Is there any reason why you can work these certain hours?
  • Why do you want this job? Why should we pick you over the other applicants?

For the last question, I was given 30 minutes to type an answer. I won't hear anything for a few weeks but I look at this as an experience to improve on my interviewing skills. (that's my positive outlook if I don't get the job lol)

The only question I expected was the one about what book I had read last, which was Incarceron by Catherine Fisher


Disclaimer: Image is from Unshelved which is awesome and I hope they won't mind that I used it because they are awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design