Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Why so sneaky?

My of the main parts of my job is to call patrons and let them know that they have forgotten to include a disc in the DVD case. I do this all the time and I'm the only person at my library who does it (because it is part of being the problem person).

I always explain to the patron that the item cannot be checked in until we have the missing part, therefore it will remain on the their account...but people want to be sneaky.

Patron (carrying a disc): Hi, I turned the case in for this yesterday and I got a call saying I forgot the disc.

Me: No problem, ma'am. Let me go get the case. (I always check it in while they are there so I can notify them of any late charges)....   Ok, so the DVD is 3 days late which means there is a $3 fine on your account.

Patron: Well, I talked to the girl yesterday who called me and she said she was gonna waive the fines.

Me: That was me you spoke with and I didn't say that.

Patron: Oh. (walks away)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design