Monday, May 12, 2014

Lethal Pursuit by Kaylea Cross

As much as I love romance novels, I’m not much for romantic suspense. I have read a couple over the years, and while I enjoy them, it is just not a genre I seek out. But I do know a good story when I read it.

This was my 2nd year as a judge for a local RWA Chapter's writing award, which focuses on stand out novels in romantic fiction. My first year judging I discovered some great authors, including Kim Law.


One of my selections was Lethal Pursuit by Kaylea Cross. The story takes place in Afganastan as Security Forces Lieutenant Maya Lopez and pararescue jumper Jackson Thatcher work to survive and foil a plot to take out the Secretary of Defense. Cross does not shy away from the graphic details of torture and danger that our armed forces face. Not only does she create an exciting storyline, Cross also develops a strong background for her characters, especially Maya.  This book had me on the edge of my seat! I couldn’t stop reading and the level of suspense was through the roof.

Congrats to Kaylea Cross for being a finalist for Romantic Suspense Single Title! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design