Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekend Reading

I hope everyone had a nice weekend - especially if you had Monday off (like me!). I decided to use this weekend to get a lot of reading done. I plan to post a recap of my fun-filled trip to RT14 soon.

Since I had 3 days off with relatively little to do (except laundry) I planned ahead on my reading. My goal was to read 8 books this weekend. I proudly informed BF of my goal, but he jokingly said that I wouldn't be able to accomplish it. Well that put me in competitive mode. Best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't.

In this case he was actually right...kinda. I completed 7 books and started on the 8th, but I ended up crashing out Monday night. I am very proud that I finished my 7.

I have been on an Eloisa James kick for a while now because she will be coming to a local RWA's chapter in June. I was lucky enough to attend her Tiara party at RT as well (more on that later this week! - I promise). I read This Duchess of Mine which is the 5th installment in the Desperate Duchesses series. I enjoyed the series and I'm excited to continue with it. 

I am part of a local Forever YA Book Club chapter and Persepolis (vol 1. - 4) was our pick for April - yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm a little behind. I had actually read vol. 1 in grad school. It was nice to finish the series. 

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion is an adult fiction book (though some library in my county had it in YA) that I have been hearing a lot about. The fiction librarian at my library thought I would like it so she recommended it to me. Since I only read romance during the Summer (to keep me sane) I decided to give this one a shot. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was intrigued to learn that a sequel will be out this Fall called The Rosie Effect

I recently read Sarah MacLean's A Rogue by Any Other Name and loved it! I continued the Rules of Scoundrels series with One Good Earl Deserves a Lover over the weekend- sadly, it wasn't as good as the first novel. 

As much as I love Lisa Kleypas (she was the whole reason I went to RT14) I have not read much of her contemporary work. I loved Sugar Daddy and Blue-Eyed Devil, but I haven't gotten to the Friday Harbor series. I'm more of a fan of her historical romances. I received Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor #2) at RT14 so I couldn't wait to dive in. It was great - lovely romance and a touch of magic. If you like Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series then you will definitely enjoy this series. 

I have tons of Harlequin Presents hanging around my house, so I decided to try Lindsay Armstrong's One Night Pregnancy - Nothing to write home about. 

Which brings me to my last book of the week - Tiffany Reisz's The Angel. *sigh* Last month I read the first installment in the Original Sinners series, The Siren.  My librarian BFF loves this series - as do a lot of other people! There were tons of fans at RT14 who were solely there to see "Tiffany!'. I couldn't wait to continue reading this series when I got home. Seriously - Soren! *sigh* I can't wait to read The Prince. If you are a fan of Tiffany Reisz - check back later this week. I have a present for some lucky winner!!

Did you read anything good this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design