Friday, May 2, 2014

Project Read All the Books: April Recap


Project Read All The Books: April Recap

My goal was to read 10 books…well I read 6.

The Siren byTiffany Reisz  - Quite an interesting series that I plan to continue. A friend recommended this author to me almost a year ago and I even got a signed copy at RWA. Last week, my friend sent me a link to a thorough review of The Siren. I found myself intrigued and decided that I needed to get on the ball with this book. Since we closed early this week due to inclement weather I thought it would give me the perfect opportunity to try The Siren. I won’t be able to articulate myself as well as the reviewer did, but this author has an amazing talent for layering a story. She slowly built up the characters, but also removed a layer of their story at a time through out the book.



Eternal Kiss ofDarkness by Jeaniene Frost  - My least favorite Frost book, which makes me sad because I love Frost's work more than most authors. She is in one of my top authors, but I thought she didn't do Mencheres justice.  Mencheres has been described as such a phenomenon in the vampire world in the other books. He carried a great presence in the other books. In Eternal Kiss of Darkness he was reduced to a pitiful character and the romantic storyline was extremely lacking. I wish there had been a larger focus on Kira. I liked her character, but I thought she could have been fleshed out better


Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas - Another great story from Kleypas. 

What We Deserve byKerry Freeman – Really enjoyed!

For Duty’s Sake byLucy Monroe – Ok, but nothing to write home about. Needed some work according to my Goodreads review.


I started the project with 113 so after reading my 5 that leaves me with 107….plus 1.

I loved A Rogue By Any Other Name and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next in the series, One Good Earl Deserves a Lover. My library was having their Bi-Annual Friends Book Sale and would you believe that that there was a copy of One Good Earl in there? How could I pass that up? It was fate!

So grand total: 108

Goal for May: 7 books (I have the RT Convention, so I’m trying to be realistic).


Wish me luck! How many books do you have on your TBR shelf?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Content © The Librarian. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Infusion Design